320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Traditional instruments, electronics and distorted vocals are dragged through an array of influences to create a world that is as original as it is unclassifiable.
Straddling the line between new and old, Meridian Brothers’ mischievous blend of Latin rhythms and psychedelic grooves is the creation of Eblis Álvarez, one of the key figures of the experimental music scene in Bogota, where his contemporaries label him a genius. As with all of the Meridian Brother’s releases, every instrument on ‘Deseperanza’ was played and recorded by Eblis himself.
A true avant-garde guitar player and composer he also plays in Mario Galeano’s band Frente Cumbiero and was one of the 42 musicians involved in the recording of Ondatrópica.
“Tropical madness from the most consistent of all the “world for club culture” labels. Twisted cumbia at around 150BPM… terrorises the dancefloor!” Gilles Peterson
- 1 Guaracha U.F.O (No Estamos Solos...) 6:51 Buy
- 2 Desesperanza 5:30 Buy
- 3 Salsa Caliente (Versión Aumentada) 4:43 Buy
- 4 La Gitana Me Ha Dejado (Salsa Electrónica) 6:46 Buy
- 5 Salsa del Zombie (Perseguido Por Alegres Buitres) 6:19 Buy
- 6 Soy el Pinchadiscos del Amor 6:11 Buy
- 7 Homenaje a la Mujer Colombiana 5:04 Buy
- 8 Fiesta (Con El Whiskey Del Folclore) 5:21 Buy
- 9 Guaracha U.F.O (Versión Rebajada) 6:38 Buy