Vinyl 2×LPSold out
- + WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Ghana Soundz was the first ever Soundway compilation andÂ became recognised worldwide due to the licensing of the Oscar Sulley track, ‘Bukom Mashie’ to the soundtrack of Hollywood blockbuster, ‘Last King of Scotland’.
Pounding rhythms, blaring horns and pumping vocals – the music is a document of a time forgotten when flares and Cuban heels strutted the streets and night-spots of Accra, the sizzlingly hot and humid capital of Ghana. Influenced as much by traditional rhythms and local highlife as by the music of Fela Kuti, James Brown and Santana, these tunes had almost become extinct – until now!
Ghana Soundz was the first of three collections of rare afro-beat, afro-funk and afro-fusion that Miles Cleret painstakingly travelled the length and breadth of Ghana to assemble, the third compilation to be released late 2009.
“Seriously danceable form start to finish” – MOJO
“A West African Funk explosion”
- New York Times
Digital Track List
- 1 Because Of Money The 3rd Generation Band 5:54 Buy
- 2 Bukom Mashie Oscar Sulley, The Uhuru Dance Band 5:07 Buy
- 3 Mother Africa Marijata 4:55 Buy
- 4 Heaven Ebo Taylor 6:05 Buy
- 5 Simigwado Gyedu-Blay Ambolley and The Steneboofs 4:38 Buy
- 6 Eyi Su Ngaangaa The Sweet Talks 4:31 Buy
- 7 Ageisheka The Ogyatanaa Show Band 5:02 Buy
- 8 Psychedelic Women Honny and The Bees Band 4:31 Buy
- 9 Hwehwe Mu Na Yi Wo Mpena K Frimpong and His Cubano Fiestas 7:51 Buy
- 10 Kwaku Ananse The Apagya Show Band 3:12 Buy
- 11 Self Reliance The African Brothers 8:33 Buy
- 12 Make It Fast, Make It Slow Rob 5:25 Buy
- 13 W'awu Do Ho No Alex Konadu 3:11 Buy
- 14 Nite Safarie The Black Star Sound 3:24 Buy