Deluxe Edition + InsertRead More
- + MP3
- + WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Soundway presents Circus Underwater’s 1984 self-titled masterpiece. Remastered and extended to a double LP, this deluxe version includes six unreleased tracks unearthed from the original 1⁄4” tapes, and presented with an insert, including never-before-seen photos and the fascinating story behind the music.
Featuring artwork from Grateful Dead collaborator, David Lundquist, the album encapsulates a unique moment in time. Echoing the story of a generation that grew up in the 50s and 60s where music was everything, two friends embark on a journey of experimentation which begins in the beatnik suburbs of Washington DC and travels to the heart of hippie San Francisco. The result is an opus that fearlessly blurs the boundaries of genres and embraces diverse influences. Elements of prog, rock, ambient and wave music culminate in an odyssey that seamlessly bridges the gap between the spaced-out creativity of the 70s and electronic music of today.
Original artwork by David Lundquist. Mastering and lacquer cuts by Frank Merritt, The Carvery Studio, London. Artwork restoration by Javi Bayo.
- 1 Big Buck Meets The Perpendicular Fish 4:10 Buy
- 2 Trees Walk 2:29 Buy
- 3 The Surface Of The Water 3:17 Buy
- 4 Rugaru By Itself 6:28 Buy
- 5 I Wash My Hair With Limes 5:30 Buy
- 6 She Dreams Of Golden Gloves Dancing 3:31 Buy
- 7 Entrance Of The Deacon 3:23 Buy
- 8 Weeping Of Electric Sheep 8:16 Buy
- 9 First Hump Of Stately Plump 2:57 Buy
- 10 Thunder Daughters Underwater 8:20 Buy
- 11 Requiem For The Glass Trapeze 6:52 Buy
- 12 Muddy Ghosts Running From The Rain 5:47 Buy
- 13 Behind The Altar There Is A Carousel 4:32 Buy